Just days after personally witnessing an arrest by the county’s transit police, I found this article in the paper. I didn’t even know that the county had moved to a full-time force, but I hope they make sure it is staffed with reasonable, responsible people. The cops involved in the incident I saw were a tad smug and more eager than I thought was appropriate, but I wouldn’t say they used excessive force.
Your poem, on a bus
Calling all bus poets! Poetry on buses is back. This year's theme is "writing home." You can find submission guidelines here.
Bus cuts are coming
Thanks to the failure of our state legislature--and the subsequent failure of Prop 1 (aka, "plan B"), King County will lose 72 bus routes and see reduced service on over 100 more. There is a chance a plan will be cobbled together to save some service, but it will be even less ideal than the less-than-ideal plan that just failed.
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
- Eastbound 3, 4:30 PM (or, Learning to love sardines)
- Eastbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, noon
In the Bus Bag
Children of the Days: A Calendar of Human History, by Eduardo Galeano