I’m a writer and rider from Seattle, Washington. I’m obsessed with Toni Morrison, my hometown, and public transportation, in that order. In March of 2003, I exchanged my car keys for a bus pass—and I’ve never looked back. (You can read more about why in my This I Believe essay.) I’m married to a (car-free) bus nerd from the Motor City, and together we’re raising two amazing, bus- (and train!-) ridin’ babies.
King County Metro's first round of cuts will be implemented on September 27th, 2014. You can find the details here.
Another bus ballot measure
This November, there will be a ballot measure in Seattle to preserve city service that is slated to be cut in 2015. You can find out more here.
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
In the Bus Bag
My People Are Rising, by Aaron Dixon