The big-haired, Shazza-lookin’ guy at the wheel during our handoff was definitely a candidate for the “Sexiest Driver” award. And while I’m at it, I’ve seen a few other sexy driver types this month:
• Midday on a Saturday: a lovely young woman (possibly a former shampoo model) handling her business on the northbound 48. (Can you tell I’m a fan of hair?)
• Friday afternoon: a super-fit muscleman piloting the westbound 55. Thank God Metro issues a shorts uniform.
Your poem, on a bus
Calling all bus poets! Poetry on buses is back. This year's theme is "writing home." You can find submission guidelines here.
Bus cuts are coming
Thanks to the failure of our state legislature--and the subsequent failure of Prop 1 (aka, "plan B"), King County will lose 72 bus routes and see reduced service on over 100 more. There is a chance a plan will be cobbled together to save some service, but it will be even less ideal than the less-than-ideal plan that just failed.
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
- Eastbound 3, 4:30 PM (or, Learning to love sardines)
- Eastbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, noon
- On busing and bad language (or, the “s” word, according to Chicklet)
- Fully embracing the role
- Multimodal Monday: 180 miles
- Bus riders have sense
- Westbound 14, 8:30 AM
In the Bus Bag
Heartbeat of Struggle: The Revolutionary Life of Yuri Kochiyama, by Diane Fujino