I shared a wait with these guys at the 43 (et al) stop at Pike and 4th. Our friend in the stripes (the apparent love child of Radio Raheem and Antoine Marryweather) and his two sidekicks (probably in diapers around the time boom boxes hit their heyday), kept me entertained, dancing and lip synching to J-Lo’s “Love Don’t Cost a Thing” (and other selections I did not previously associate with 80s-style boom boxes or men under 22) until my bus arrived.
King County Metro's first round of cuts will be implemented on September 27th, 2014. You can find the details here.
Another bus ballot measure
This November, there will be a ballot measure in Seattle to preserve city service that is slated to be cut in 2015. You can find out more here.
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
In the Bus Bag
My People Are Rising, by Aaron Dixon