On this, the last day of summer (known to some as the end of the bus chick high season), I came across a minor bus/truck fender bender in Pioneer Square. Luckily, the bus was headed to base, so no passengers were displaced–unless, that is, I got there after the riders had already been booted. If they were, I’m sure it only made them stronger. You haven’t earned your true bus chick stripes until you’ve been kicked off a “disabled” bus in the rain.
King County Metro's first round of cuts will be implemented on September 27th, 2014. You can find the details here.
Another bus ballot measure
This November, there will be a ballot measure in Seattle to preserve city service that is slated to be cut in 2015. You can find out more here.
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
In the Bus Bag
My People Are Rising, by Aaron Dixon