King County Metro's first round of cuts will be implemented on September 27th, 2014. You can find the details here.
Another bus ballot measure
This November, there will be a ballot measure in Seattle to preserve city service that is slated to be cut in 2015. You can find out more here.
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
In the Bus Bag
My People Are Rising, by Aaron Dixon
Tag Archives: BWI
BWI (busing while intoxicated): Riding any form of public transportation while under the influence of alcohol or other (less legal) drugs. BWI is usually identified by the telltale scent of the intoxicating substance and its associated bizarre, antisocial, or otherwise transit-unfriendly behavior. (See also: bus foul, trife, Seahawks Special)
You can find more transit-inspired language in the bus rider’s glossary.