Planting roots, part I: Green Seattle Day
On Saturday, November 7th, join the Green Seattle Partnership (and many of your neighbors) to plant native plants in several SE Seattle parks. Volunteers will meet at Rainier Community Center (at 8:30 AM--ahem!) and then *ride buses* to the various sites. Lunch will be provided.
Planting roots, part II: A community conversation about gentrification
On Thursday, November 12th, Got Green's climate justice committee will host "Our Roots will Weather the Storm: Community Town Hall on Gentrification and Climate." Food and childcare will be provided, so you know I'll be there. ;)
- Art + buses + community = life (part II)
- Respect to those who came before, part V (Or, Why we need Indigenous People’s Day)
- On cars and community
- Buses are for everyone, part IV
- Multimodal Monday: Greenway riders
- Power to the people
- Art + buses + community = life
- A beautiful, brief ride
- On busing and birthday parties (or, My brief encounter with a bus goddess)
- My kind of bus driver appreciation
In the Bus Bag
Spiritual Ecology: The Cry of the Earth, edited by Llewellyn Vaughn-Lee
Tag Archives: NY International Auto Show
Streetfilms has the video.
Thousands of people flocked to the NY International Auto Show at the Javits Center on Saturday. In the midst of it all, Lady Liberty ended her 100 year “spectacularly combustible love affair” with the automobile. Lady Liberty said, “Frankly, this relationship has just gotten to be much more work than it’s worth. My health, liberty and freedom have suffered greatly, and now I hope that my new relationships will finally give me security and happiness.”
Score another one for the bus nerds.