Affordable housing town hall
The lack of affordable housing in Seattle has reached crisis levels. It's time to come together for real change. On Thursday, April 23rd, Seattle city councilmembers Nick Licata and Kshama Sawant (and a host of activists and organizations) will host a town hall to discuss bold solutions to this critical problem.
Seattle's transportation future
This spring, SDOT is sponsoring a speaker series to explore what we Seattle can learn from other cities' transportation successes. The speaker list includes Gil Penalosa and Janette Sadik-Khan. (!)
- My kind of bus driver appreciation
- A driver holiday by any other name…
- Hear my bus a comin’
- An anniversary, a heavy baby, and an(other) angry rant
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VIII
- Moving beyond the margins
- Transcendental transportation
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
In the Bus Bag
An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States, by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
Tag Archives: Prince
This week was a week of obsession with numbers. I think it had something to do with the release of Prince’s 3121, which I am listening to as I type. I apologize to my neighbors for the liberties I have taken with the volume control on my computer speakers.
But I digress.
I have taken to keeping track of all the buses I ride in a day and (for reasons I cannot fully explain) adding up the numbers. I assign the final sum to the day–a sort of reverse numerology. A higher number usually …