Planting roots, part I: Green Seattle Day
On Saturday, November 7th, join the Green Seattle Partnership (and many of your neighbors) to plant native plants in several SE Seattle parks. Volunteers will meet at Rainier Community Center (at 8:30 AM--ahem!) and then *ride buses* to the various sites. Lunch will be provided.
Planting roots, part II: A community conversation about gentrification
On Thursday, November 12th, Got Green's climate justice committee will host "Our Roots will Weather the Storm: Community Town Hall on Gentrification and Climate." Food and childcare will be provided, so you know I'll be there. ;)
- Art + buses + community = life (part II)
- Respect to those who came before, part V (Or, Why we need Indigenous People’s Day)
- On cars and community
- Buses are for everyone, part IV
- Multimodal Monday: Greenway riders
- Power to the people
- Art + buses + community = life
- A beautiful, brief ride
- On busing and birthday parties (or, My brief encounter with a bus goddess)
- My kind of bus driver appreciation
In the Bus Bag
Spiritual Ecology: The Cry of the Earth, edited by Llewellyn Vaughn-Lee
Tag Archives: Prince
This week was a week of obsession with numbers. I think it had something to do with the release of Prince’s 3121, which I am listening to as I type. I apologize to my neighbors for the liberties I have taken with the volume control on my computer speakers.
But I digress.
I have taken to keeping track of all the buses I ride in a day and (for reasons I cannot fully explain) adding up the numbers. I assign the final sum to the day–a sort of reverse numerology. A higher number usually …