Affordable housing town hall
The lack of affordable housing in Seattle has reached crisis levels. It's time to come together for real change. On Thursday, April 23rd, Seattle city councilmembers Nick Licata and Kshama Sawant (and a host of activists and organizations) will host a town hall to discuss bold solutions to this critical problem.
Seattle's transportation future
This spring, SDOT is sponsoring a speaker series to explore what we Seattle can learn from other cities' transportation successes. The speaker list includes Gil Penalosa and Janette Sadik-Khan. (!)
- My kind of bus driver appreciation
- A driver holiday by any other name…
- Hear my bus a comin’
- An anniversary, a heavy baby, and an(other) angry rant
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VIII
- Moving beyond the margins
- Transcendental transportation
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
In the Bus Bag
An Indigenous Peoples' History of the United States, by Roxanne Dunbar-Ortiz
Tag Archives: transfer trade
Transfer trade, n: The system of exchanging bus tickets, paper transfers, and bus passes for money or other items of value.
One thing I love about public transit is the mini economy that develops among riders. There’s always something for sale on buses and at stops: watches, flowers, cigarettes, tickets, candy. And, of course, transfers.
Though much more common before Orca cards became the norm for payment, the transfer trade is alive and well in Seattle. So are the many related practices. Some examples: “passing …