King County Metro's first round of cuts will be implemented on September 27th, 2014. You can find the details here.
Another bus ballot measure
This November, there will be a ballot measure in Seattle to preserve city service that is slated to be cut in 2015. You can find out more here.
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
In the Bus Bag
My People Are Rising, by Aaron Dixon
Tag Archives: you know you’re a bus chick if
You get a cool (useful!) thank-you gift at an event, and you seriously consider not accepting it, because you’ve already exceeded your stuff-carrying capacity, and it’s too much trouble to schlep it home.
And when you ask her what kind of meeting the mommy pig is going to, she says, “A transit task force.”
You have a date with your husband at a holiday party in Bellevue, one which requires a fancy dress and high, high heels, and even though the temperature is below freezing and it’s expected to snow, you pass on Zipcar or calling a cab in favor of the warm, weather-ready 550.
You know you’re too much of a bus chick if…
After the party, when the temperature has dropped and the snow has begun in earnest, and you’re in a hurry to make it to your warm …
Earlier today, our bus fam headed over to Volunteer Park to raise our voices in support of other families’ rights. (We were not down with the three-bus trip–48 + 43 + 10–to a park two miles from our house and so took the 48 north and made the rest of the trip on foot.) At the rally, we saw many folks who had been on the 48 with us and recognized many of our favorite bus regulars. (You know you’re a bus chick if…, item #21: “When you’re at a big gathering [sporting event, festival, concert, fair] …
• You carry an all-purpose bag with you everywhere you go.
• Aside from your bus pass, your wallet contains at least two of the following items:
o Library card.
o Co-op membership card.
o Car-sharing membership card.
o The phone number of someone who recently chatted you up at a stop.
• You consider any distance under a mile to be “a short walk.”
• You’ve memorized Metro’s rider information number and/or web address, and at least one bus schedule.
• You’ve memorized …