- Remembering why I ride
- On buses and boundaries
- Art + buses + community = life (part II)
- Respect to those who came before, part V (Or, Why we need Indigenous People’s Day)
- On cars and community
- Buses are for everyone, part IV
- Multimodal Monday: Greenway riders
- Power to the people
- Art + buses + community = life
- A beautiful, brief ride
In the Bus Bag
Spiritual Ecology: The Cry of the Earth, edited by Llewellyn Vaughn-Lee
Tag Archives: Andy Singer
A tidbit from an interesting (read: transit-friendly) article in Slate:
You think the government is wasting a few billion a year on mass-transit subsidies. But what about the huge subsidies for cars and trucks?
What hasn’t been acknowledged is that the automobile is supported by a government subsidy that dwarfs anything provided to mass transit. How big is the subsidy? By my (admittedly extremely crude) calculations, it could total nearly $100 billion per year.
Can I get an amen?