Your poem, on a bus
Calling all bus poets! Poetry on buses is back. This year's theme is "writing home." You can find submission guidelines here.
Bus cuts are coming
Thanks to the failure of our state legislature--and the subsequent failure of Prop 1 (aka, "plan B"), King County will lose 72 bus routes and see reduced service on over 100 more. There is a chance a plan will be cobbled together to save some service, but it will be even less ideal than the less-than-ideal plan that just failed.
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
- Eastbound 3, 4:30 PM (or, Learning to love sardines)
- Eastbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, noon
- On busing and bad language (or, the “s” word, according to Chicklet)
- Fully embracing the role
- Multimodal Monday: 180 miles
- Bus riders have sense
- Westbound 14, 8:30 AM
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VI
- The bus life with “big” kids
In the Bus Bag
Heartbeat of Struggle: The Revolutionary Life of Yuri Kochiyama, by Diane Fujino
Tag Archives: Summer Streets
Transportation Freedom Day*
*Added on 3/13/09
What: A celebration with a purpose: to educate Seattleites about their transportation costs
How much does transportation cost you?
Metro Bus Fare: $1.75
Gallon of Gasoline: $2.17
Days the average Seattleite works to pay for yearly transportation costs: 74
Helping Seattle celebrate an earlier Transportation Freedom Day: Priceless
Your transportation costs could surprise you. In the average household, transportation accounts for the second largest drain on family budgets; more than food, health care, and second only to home ownership.
If fact, every dollar you earned …
This month’s Golden Transfer goes (for the second time) to the city I’m proud to call home, the S-E-A double-T L-E (don’t trip; you know you have that CD lurking somewhere in the depths of your music collection), Seattle, Washington, USA. On three consecutive Sundays this summer, Seattle will close some streets to cars.
• On Aug. 24, 14th Avenue East will be closed from East Republican Street to Volunteer Park on Capitol Hill from noon to 6 p.m. The park’s Western Loop will also be …