King County Metro's first round of cuts will be implemented on September 27th, 2014. You can find the details here.
Another bus ballot measure
This November, there will be a ballot measure in Seattle to preserve city service that is slated to be cut in 2015. You can find out more here.
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
In the Bus Bag
My People Are Rising, by Aaron Dixon
Tag Archives: Alki
I am not a fair weather bus chick. I love my city (rain, clouds, and late-spring chill included) and my carfree life no matter the season. I’d be lying, though, if I said that I didn’t prefer getting around during time of year when it’s light both early and late and there’s a high probability of sunshine.
During the months between May and October (aka, bus chick high season) life on the ground is lovely–far, far prefarable to life trapped inside an exhaust-spewing metal box stuck in baseball traffic. We walk more than we wait (truth be …
The third and final carfree Sunday took place in my original neighborhood of West Seattle, so I didn’t mind the two-bus ride (4 + 56) to the festivities. (Then again, what’s two short rides compared to an unobstructed view of the Sound and the Olympics? I digress.)
• It wasn’t really car free. The far east lane of the street, which was separated from the activity with cones, remained open to all …