Your poem, on a bus
Calling all bus poets! Poetry on buses is back. This year's theme is "writing home." You can find submission guidelines here.
Bus cuts are coming
Thanks to the failure of our state legislature--and the subsequent failure of Prop 1 (aka, "plan B"), King County will lose 72 bus routes and see reduced service on over 100 more. There is a chance a plan will be cobbled together to save some service, but it will be even less ideal than the less-than-ideal plan that just failed.
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
- Eastbound 3, 4:30 PM (or, Learning to love sardines)
- Eastbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, noon
- On busing and bad language (or, the “s” word, according to Chicklet)
- Fully embracing the role
- Multimodal Monday: 180 miles
- Bus riders have sense
- Westbound 14, 8:30 AM
In the Bus Bag
Heartbeat of Struggle: The Revolutionary Life of Yuri Kochiyama, by Diane Fujino
Tag Archives: Dump the Pump
It’s Dump the Pump Day.
On June 19, people across the country will “dump the pump” and ride public transportation on the Third Annual National Dump the Pump Day. This event is sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and more than 125 public transportation systems [including KC Metro and Sound Transit] will be participating nationwide.
The 2008 National Dump the Pump Day is a public awareness day that emphasizes how public transportation is the quickest way to beat high gas prices and it encourages people to ride a …
I’m leaving town in a few hours (for Friday Harbor!), so I won’t be posting this week.
In the meantime…
1. Guess these routes. Jack W., a super-smart transit planner who also happens to be a Transportation Choices Coalition board member, prepared his own form of bus Jeopardy (Jeopardy Haiku) for TCC’s last house party.
Here are a few I liked:
On this road, run routes
Eight, Forty-two, Forty-late;
This County, Sims-led
WHAT BUS ROUTE?
Redmond – Overlake
Five twenty will toll for thee
Seattle and Montlake
Route one …