Planting roots, part I: Green Seattle Day
On Saturday, November 7th, join the Green Seattle Partnership (and many of your neighbors) to plant native plants in several SE Seattle parks. Volunteers will meet at Rainier Community Center (at 8:30 AM--ahem!) and then *ride buses* to the various sites. Lunch will be provided.
Planting roots, part II: A community conversation about gentrification
On Thursday, November 12th, Got Green's climate justice committee will host "Our Roots will Weather the Storm: Community Town Hall on Gentrification and Climate." Food and childcare will be provided, so you know I'll be there. ;)
- Art + buses + community = life (part II)
- Respect to those who came before, part V (Or, Why we need Indigenous People’s Day)
- On cars and community
- Buses are for everyone, part IV
- Multimodal Monday: Greenway riders
- Power to the people
- Art + buses + community = life
- A beautiful, brief ride
- On busing and birthday parties (or, My brief encounter with a bus goddess)
- My kind of bus driver appreciation
In the Bus Bag
Spiritual Ecology: The Cry of the Earth, edited by Llewellyn Vaughn-Lee
Tag Archives: Dump the Pump
It’s Dump the Pump Day.
On June 19, people across the country will “dump the pump” and ride public transportation on the Third Annual National Dump the Pump Day. This event is sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and more than 125 public transportation systems [including KC Metro and Sound Transit] will be participating nationwide.
The 2008 National Dump the Pump Day is a public awareness day that emphasizes how public transportation is the quickest way to beat high gas …
I’m leaving town in a few hours (for Friday Harbor!), so I won’t be posting this week.
In the meantime…
1. Guess these routes. Jack W., a super-smart transit planner who also happens to be a Transportation Choices Coalition board member, prepared his own form of bus Jeopardy (Jeopardy Haiku) for TCC’s last house party.
Here are a few I liked:
On this road, run routes
Eight, Forty-two, Forty-late;
This County, Sims-led
WHAT BUS ROUTE?
Redmond – Overlake
Five twenty will toll for thee