King County Metro's first round of cuts will be implemented on September 27th, 2014. You can find the details here.
Another bus ballot measure
This November, there will be a ballot measure in Seattle to preserve city service that is slated to be cut in 2015. You can find out more here.
- Rider for life
- When “growing up” = getting behind the wheel
- Multimodal Monday: Sounder to the fair
- Rebelling by bus
- Westbound 27 stop, Yesler & 3rd, 8:15 AM
- On families and fares
- Summer of parks
- How to pass the time at a bus stop, part VII
- Car-free “vacation”: Yakima
- Multimodal Monday: Link, then lake
In the Bus Bag
My People Are Rising, by Aaron Dixon
Tag Archives: Dump the Pump
It’s Dump the Pump Day.
On June 19, people across the country will “dump the pump” and ride public transportation on the Third Annual National Dump the Pump Day. This event is sponsored by the American Public Transportation Association (APTA) and more than 125 public transportation systems [including KC Metro and Sound Transit] will be participating nationwide.
The 2008 National Dump the Pump Day is a public awareness day that emphasizes how public transportation is the quickest way to beat high gas prices and it encourages people to ride a …
I’m leaving town in a few hours (for Friday Harbor!), so I won’t be posting this week.
In the meantime…
1. Guess these routes. Jack W., a super-smart transit planner who also happens to be a Transportation Choices Coalition board member, prepared his own form of bus Jeopardy (Jeopardy Haiku) for TCC’s last house party.
Here are a few I liked:
On this road, run routes
Eight, Forty-two, Forty-late;
This County, Sims-led
WHAT BUS ROUTE?
Redmond – Overlake
Five twenty will toll for thee
Seattle and Montlake
Route one …