Power through Paris
On Saturday, October 3rd, 350 Seattle will host a workshop to build momentum for the climate talks in Paris this December. As the invitation says, “The only thing that has ever worked to move world governments into action is grassroots organizing by people like you and me.” If you’re ready to see some movement, sign up here.
This Changes Everything
On Wednesday, October 14th, SIFF Cinema Uptown will screen This Changes Everything, the film based on Naomi Klein’s powerful book. (If you don't live in Seattle, you can find a list of all the scheduled screenings here.) I am excited about this film because it shows the potential to unite some of the world's most urgent movements around climate justice. See you there?
- Buses are for everyone, part IV
- Multimodal Monday: Greenway riders
- Power to the people
- Art + buses + community = life
- A beautiful, brief ride
- On busing and birthday parties (or, My brief encounter with a bus goddess)
- My kind of bus driver appreciation
- A driver holiday by any other name…
- Hear my bus a comin’
- An anniversary, a heavy baby, and an(other) angry rant
In the Bus Bag
The Salish People and the Lewis and Clark Expedition, by The Salish-Pend d'Oreille Culture Committee and Elders Cultural Advisory Council, Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes
Tag Archives: Best Bus Ride
“Judges’ Selection: Green Line Rapid Transit Kansas City, Missouri
Image: Arthur Cherry
The Judges Selection Photo will be featured in the next issue of GOOD magazine and will receive a monthly unlimited ride …
- The Best Bus Ride finalists have been selected. (I’ve already completed my official judging duties, which I thoroughly enjoyed.) You can vote for the people’s choice winner here. Voting ends Saturday, 11/20.
- Undriving.org now has video profiles of local undrivers. Love. I’ve just added Merlin Rainwater and Betty Holman to my list of sheroes.
- Got ideas about how to improve transit in Seattle? SDOT wants to
Think you ride America’s best bus route? Submit a photo and brief description to this contest (sponsored by Good Magazine and NYC’s Transportation Alternatives), and you could win a fabulous prize package!
What is it about your bus route that you love? Is your bus driver brilliant? Is the view from your window breathtaking? Do your fellow riders characters belong in a Hemingway novel?
Show and tell us why your bus route is the …